The Lewis Law Office knows what works.
Missteps on employment law matters can be prevented. Complaints are more effectively defended when compliant employment policies are in place and followed. Lewis Law Office specializes in preventive employment law planning. With 25 years of experience in the field, the firm works with employers on a daily basis to anticipate and reduce the risk of errors that can lead to complaints, administrative actions and lawsuits.
Benefit and compensation plans should operate with precision. But when they don’t, the Lewis Law Office is prepared to help you respond. The Lewis Law Office works productively with auditors, examiners and adjusters to achieve positive results.
When a decision or practice is challenged, Lewis Law Office provides a tenacious, effective defense before administrative agencies and in state and federal court.
Careful employee benefit and compensation planning can be undone by poorly drafted plan documents, notice failures or improper asset allocation. The consequences can be severe and could include plan disqualification, assessment of back taxes for the employer and the employee and excise tax penalties.
Compliance services include:
- ERISA compliance/Internal Revenue Code Tax-preferred options
- Non-discrimination testing- controlled group/Separate lines of business
- Form 5500
- Record-keeper and use of aggregated data
- Audits – Internal Revenue Service Employment Tax/U.S. Department of Labor/OFCCP/Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development-Worker’s Compensation and Unemployment Insurance
- School Law – Public Records/Open Meetings, policies, public-private partnerships
- Labor and employment law – Americans with Disabilities Act/Family and Medical Leave Act/Age Discrimination in Employment Act/state and federal wage and hour law
- Employee/independent contractor status
- Acquisitions and mergers
- HIPAA Privacy Officer training